Tuesday 3 June 2014

DIY Project: Harry Potter Puppet Pals

A past project. One of the ones I'm the proudest of..
TA-DAAAA!!! The Harry Potter Puppet Pals! Well, replicas, but I'm happy with them. They're pretty accurate.

I made them about 4 years back, using only this video as a guide:
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...

I couldn't find a pattern anywhere, so I decided to make my own. I figured out the proportions by watching the video again and again and again. Probably was a major reason why the video got so many hits.

Each one took about 7 hours to make. Mostly because I was quite an amateur then, and also because of the customized trial and error that I gave each puppet. It was the first time I ever made a pattern for something.

They are hand puppets, and they are made out of felt and stuffed with batting. Dumbledore's clothes are detachable, as in canon. Video canon? No idea if that's such a thing, oh well.


Voldemort has a Nagini scarf, because I had some leftover fabric. You can't quite see it very well here, but Nagini looks pretty demented.


UPDATE: Since Hagrid appeared, I made him too! He is mostly made of felt, but I knit the beard with fun fur.
I am not going to make Neville the squash, for obvious reasons. Somehow I doubt a felt replica will do any justice to a real vegetable.

That's it for now!

- christine

13 comments:

  1. Super cool! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you be willing to release the pattern? I am wanting to make these puppets for a class and yours look great!

      Delete
  3. Can you please give the pattern? I'm looking to make these for my sisters wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to get the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am interested in the patter. Please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you teach how to make those? They’re super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also interested in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would also like the pattern if its available

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please could you tell me how much you would charge to make me a Snape one? I am terrible at hand crafts, could never do it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have a place I can buy the pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Could I please purchase the pattern from you?

    ReplyDelete